As we all know that Cisco will replace CCIE Routing and Switching certification with CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure certification. Networkers Champ will compare CCIE Routing and Switching with CCIE enterprise infrastructure in this blog. Let’s see how Cisco changes the upcoming exam until February 24, 2020.
What is CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure?
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure validates Expert Level Professionals with skills related to Complex Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions. The Enterprise Network includes designing, deploying, operating, and optimizing. The CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure also includes programmability and automation to grow your enterprise infrastructure. CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure will distinguish you as a technical leader.
|CCIE Routing and Switching||CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure|
|No Formal Pre-requisites||No Formal Pre-requisites|
|Candidates are encouraged to have three to five year work experience||Candidates are advised to have five to seven years of work experience which include design, operate and optimize technologies and solutions|
|Candidates must first pass the written exam and then the lab exam||Candidates must first pass the written exam and then the lab exam|
Coverage of Topics in Exam:
|CCIE Routing & Switching (written)||CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure(written)|
|Layer 2 Technologies||13%||Virtualization||10%|
|Layer 3 Principles||37%||Infrastructure||30%|
|VPN Technologies||13%||Network Assurance||10%|
|CCIE Routing & Switching (Lab)||CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure(Lab)|
|Layer 2 Technologies||20%||Network Infrastructure||30%|
|Layer 3 Principles||40%||Software Defined Infrastructure||25%|
|VPN Technologies||20%||Transport Technologies and Solutions||15%|
|Infrastructure Security||5%||Infrastructure Security and Services||15%|
|Infrastructure Services||15%||Infrastructure Automation and Programmability||15%|
Pattern Of the Exam:
CCIE Routing and Switching
Step 1: CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam
The CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam teaches candidates to Configure, Operate, and Troubleshoot Complex Enterprise Network Infrastructure. Candidates are trained to interpret infrastructure components and translate functional requirements into specific device configurations.
- Exam to be taken at authorized Pearson VUE Centers globally
- It is a combination of MCQs and Exercises assessing the skills included in the syllabus
Step 2: CCIE Lab Exam
- The CCIE Lab Exam curriculum includes configuring and troubleshooting complex networks. Candidates have to diagnose threats and troubleshoot them during the examination.
CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure:
Step 1: CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Written Exam
- CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure is a qualifying exam. It validates the knowledge of Enterprise Networking Infrastructure. It focuses on Implementing and Operating Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies. The qualifying exam provides you with a Specialist Certification, which in turn gives you recognition for your accomplishments. On the technical front, it includes Implementing Core Enterprise Network Technologies on Dual Stack (IPv4 AND IPv6) Architecture, Virtualization, Network Assurance, Infrastructure, Security, and Automation.
Step 2: CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Lab Exam
- CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure is an 8-hour exam consisting of 2 modules, as stated below. The candidate should be able to plan, design, deploy, operate, and optimize dual stack solutions (IPv4 and IPv6) for complex enterprise networks. Automation and Network Programmability are tested in both modules.
|Written Exam||CCIE R&S||CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure|
|Exam Name||CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam||Implementing Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies|
|Exam Code||400-101 CCIE Routing and Switching||300-401 ENCORE|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes||120 minutes|
|Lab Exam||CCIE R&S||CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure|
|Exam Name||CCIE Lab Exam||CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure v1.0|
|Duration||8 hours||8 Hour|
|Exam Details||Topics as shown above in CCIE R&S||Module 1 – Design (3 hours)
Module 2 – Deploy, Operate and Optimize (5 hours)
|CCIE R&S||CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure|
|Recertification for every 2 years||Recertification for every 3 years|
Migration from CCIE Routing and Switching to CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure
- On 24 February 2020, the current CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 will be replaced by the new CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure v1.0 Certification.
- If candidates have started working towards the current CCIE Routing and Switching Certification, then they will receive credit for the work completed in the current program
- If candidates pass CCIE Routing and Switching Written v5.0 exam before February 24, they will be eligible to take the CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure v1.0 Lab Exam after February 24.
- After February 24, ENCOR 300-401 will replace CCIE Routing and Switching Written v5.0 exam. After candidates pass ENCOR 300-401, they will earn the Cisco Certified Specialist – Enterprise Core certification.
- If candidates complete the entire CCIE Routing and Switching certification before February 24, then on February 24, they will receive the new CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure v1.0 certification, which is valid as per new recertification guidelines